Cornerstone of Southern California is continuing to monitor the rapidly changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are monitoring state and federal health agency recommendations, as well as recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information to guide our policies and procedures.
It is our top priority to keep our patients and employees safe from the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are closely following events and implementing internal protocols to minimize the risks of contracting and spreading COVID-19 including:
- Our Environment of Care team continues to maintain a safe and sanitary environment including increasing the provision of supplies that support prevention, i.e., hand sanitizer and sanitizer stations throughout the facility including continually enforcing hand-washing initiatives.
- We have increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete and thorough wipe down of all residences and common areas.
- Our staff is performing continuous disinfection of common area surfaces and other areas where infection can be transmitted, i.e., doorknobs, light switches, flat surfaces.
- Our admissions department is ensuring that we are receiving information on incoming patients that includes inquires about recent travel, above-average temperatures as well as experiencing flu and flu-like symptoms.
- We have developed specific health and safety protocols for any patients presenting with flu-like symptoms, including emergency quarantine protocols.
- Anyone deemed a possible risk to our patients or staff will not be allowed into the facility.
- We are ensuring that our employees have the information they need to stay healthy and to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- While we recognize the importance of family support for patient recovery, we have made the difficult decision to suspend our on-site bi-weekly family nights to ensure the safety of our patients. We are implementing various ways to continue these nights through virtual communication that will allow our families to participate in family therapy sessions and virtual weekly skills and support sessions by videoconferencing.
Cornerstone will continue to monitor the guidance from the CDC, WHO, Federal, State and all appropriate local agencies. We value and have always been committed to the well-being and safety of our patients and employees. We will remain diligent in our efforts to keep them as safe from this virus a possible.