Comprehensive Mental Health and Addiction Treatment
At Cornerstone of Southern California, we pride ourselves on being a holistic mental health treatment center and a recognized dual diagnosis facility, ensuring a more complete approach to wellness by addressing co-occurring mental health disorders and addiction disorders side-by-side.
Our commitment goes beyond traditional mental health or addiction treatments. We know from experience that by targeting the mind, body, and spirit in a continuous and supportive manner that we can offer a superior pathway to long-term recovery.
Evidence-Based Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Since 1984
Our treatment approach is a more modern approach, but based nearly 40 years of experience serving Orange County residents with high quality treatment and care. The Cornerstone approach focuses on treating mental health and addiction together, which not only improves immediate outcomes, but has better long-term recovery results.
With our integrated mental health and addiction treatment strategy, clients receive comprehensive mental health and addiction recovery support, setting Cornerstone of Southern California apart as a beacon of hope and healing for mental health treatment in Orange County, California.
Why Choose a Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Center?
At its core, dual diagnosis refers to the co-existence of a mental health disorder alongside a substance use disorder. This condition is far more common than one might think. Many individuals battling addiction may also face underlying mental health challenges, and vice versa.
Treating Co-Occurring Disorders For Long-Term Recovery
Addressing only one facet of this intertwined relationship can lead to an incomplete recovery. By acknowledging and treating both mental health disorders and addiction disorders, a holistic pathway to healing is much clearer. This comprehensive approach ensures that underlying triggers and co-existing issues are identified and managed, paving a clear path for a more resilient long-term recovery journey.
Improving Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Outcomes
Opting for Cornerstone's dual diagnosis treatment offers several advantages. Our experienced team is specially trained in identifying and treating co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives personalized care. With state-of-the-art treatment facilities and a nurturing environment, Cornerstone of Southern California provides unparalleled treatment and support, helping clients navigate the complexities of dual diagnosis while laying the groundwork for long-lasting health and sobriety.
Mental Health Disorders We Treat
Here are some common co-occurring mental health disorders that we commonly provide treatment for:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
The Interconnection of Mental Health and Substance Abuse
It's important to note that mental health disorders and substance abuse can often be deeply interconnected. Individuals may turn to drugs or alcohol as a means to self-medicate or cope with their mental health symptoms. Conversely, substance abuse can exacerbate or even trigger the onset of certain mental health conditions. At Cornerstone of Southern California, our dual diagnosis treatment approach ensures we address both the substance abuse and the mental health disorder, recognizing that both problems need to be addressed to provide holistic care for optimal recovery.
Recognizing Drug Addiction
If you are experiencing increased drug tolerance, obsession with drugs, deception, financial problems, cravings, self-medicating behaviors, awareness of negative impacts, or withdrawal symptoms, it is time to seek help. You can recover from drug or alcohol addiction and we will help to support you.
Beginning Your Recovery Program
Acceptance is the first step. Be open and honest about your drug use, avoid negative influences, and be prepared to make significant changes in your life. Cornerstone of Southern California is here to support you every step of the way. Our community is here to support your recovery.
Steps to Treatment at Cornerstone
The journey to recovery at Cornerstone begins with a comprehensive initial assessment, laying the foundation for a personalized rehab plan.
Initial Assessment: Understanding the Client’s Needs
This comprehensive mental health and addiction treatment assessment helps our rehabilitation specialists understand each client’s unique needs of each client, providing a safe and judgment-free space to discuss concerns and lay the groundwork for the path to recovery.
Personalized Treatment Plans
We understand that no two individuals are the same, and neither should their treatment plans be. At Cornerstone, our experts craft a holistic treatment plan tailored to each individual's unique needs. This approach ensures that both mental health disorders and addictions are addressed simultaneously, maximizing the chances of a sustainable recovery.
Determining the Right Treatment Setting
Based on the addiction and mental health treatment assessment results, the treatment setting is determined:
- Medical Assisted Treatment for Detox: If the client requires significant help managing withdrawals, our professionals will guide them through a medically supervised detox program, potentially using anti-craving medications.
- Inpatient Dual Diagnosis Rehab Program: If more addiction support is needed, our inpatient rehab offers a comprehensive 28-day rehab program tailored to the client's needs with mental health counseling.
- Intensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (IOP): For those who may not require inpatient treatment, but still need more addiction treatment support, our Intensive Outpatient Program provides recovery support and therapy in a more flexible setting.
- Mental Health Therapy Without Inpatient Rehab: For those clients that are already sober and in recovery, but need more mental health counseling from a counselor or psychiatrist that is experienced in addiction recovery and support.
Mental Health Therapy and Support Services in Orange County, CA
Regardless of the treatment setting, all clients will have access to psychiatric support and a variety of mental health therapy options, including:
- One-on-One Therapy Sessions
- Group Therapy
- Family and Couples Therapy Programs
- Addiction Treatment Support
- Mental Health Counseling
Post-Treatment Ongoing Care
Post-Treatment Ongoing Care at Cornerstone of Southern California is designed to provide continued support and resources to ensure lasting recovery and manage the challenges of everyday life after treatment.
- Sober Living Homes - We offer access to licensed sober living homes across Orange County, CA to ensure a smooth transition post-treatment.
- Extended Care Program (ECP) - Our Extended Care Program (ECP) is designed to provide additional support and guidance, helping to prevent relapse after the initial treatment phase.
- Recovery Support Groups: Guided by peers on their own recovery journey, recovery support groups provide ongoing support, inspiration, understanding, and camaraderie in a caring community environment.
- Relapse Prevention Therapy (RPT) - Relapse Prevention Therapy (RPT) is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy aimed at identifying potential triggers and providing coping mechanisms to deal with high-risk situations.
- Alumni Program - Our alumni program connects former clients with a fellowship of like-minded individuals, fostering a supportive community for continued recovery.
The Cornerstone Approach to Dual Diagnosis Treatment
At Cornerstone, we recognize the intricate relationship between mental health and addiction. Our dual diagnosis approach is not just a service but a philosophy that runs through every aspect of our treatment.
Evidence-Based Mental Health Therapy Methods
We believe in the power of evidence-based mental health therapy to bring about transformative change. Our team utilizes a range of mental health treatment methods, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): A focused approach to recognize and reframe negative thought patterns, improving the management of triggers and development of effective coping mechanisms.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): This method places emphasis on mindfulness, emotional balance, stress tolerance, and improving interpersonal relationships.
- Individualized Mental Health Counseling: Individual mental health therapy sessions offer a dedicated space for exploration, understanding, and personal growth tailored each individual's recovery journey.
- Family and Couples Therapy: Recognizing the shared impact of addiction and mental health on our loved ones and relationships, these specialized family therapy sessions aim to mend, strengthen, and nurture family bonds and relationships.
- Group Therapy Sessions: In this group mental health therapy environment, patients share, learn, and grow together, drawing strength from shared experiences, mutual understanding, and community support.
- Recovery Support Groups: Guided by peers on their own recovery journey, these support groups provide the ongoing support that is crucial for long-term recovery, providing inspiration, understanding, and camaraderie in a caring community environment.
- Trauma-Informed Care: With a deep understanding of trauma's impact on both addiction and mental health, we integrate trauma-sensitive practices throughout our treatment programs. This approach ensures that each individual's care is attuned to their unique experiences and promotes healing in a respectful, effective manner.
- Mindfulness and Meditation Practices: Techniques that bolster self-awareness, manage stress, and promote awareness in the present moment.
- Holistic Therapies: Beyond conventional treatments, we incorporate art, music, and movement, offering varied treatment methods that include self-expression, creativity, healing, and rejuvenation of the spirit.
- Educational Workshops: By demystifying the complexities of addiction and mental health, we empower our clients with the knowledge to understand the steps and methods to their recovery journey.
Addiction Treatment Center in Orange County, CA
Below is an overview of the types of alcohol and drug addiction treatment that we offer at our addiction treatment centers in Orange County, California.
Types of Drug Addiction Treatment Services
We routinely provide treatment for a variety of drug addictions, including:
- Alcohol Abuse Treatment
- Amphetamines or Meth Addiction Treatment
- Cannabis Addiction Treatment
- Cocaine Addiction Treatment
- Fentanyl Addiction Treatment
- Heroin Addiction Treatment
- Ketamine Addiction Treatment
- Legal Highs Addiction Treatment
- Molly/MDMA/Ecstasy Addiction Treatment
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Spice Addiction Treatment
- Stimulant Addiction Treatment
Mental Health Treatment Centers in Orange County, California
At Cornerstone of Southern California, we are dedicated to providing exceptional mental health care across Orange County and Southern California, accommodating the care needs of our community with easy access to drug addiction and mental health treatment centers across Southern California. Our mental health treatment centers are thoughtfully positioned with our central facility in Santa Ana, California, along with another dual diagnosis treatment center in nearby Tustin, California and many licensed recovery homes throughout Orange County, CA in the nearby California communities of Anaheim, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Fullerton, Orange, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Westminster, Lake Forest, Buena Park, and San Clemente.
Mental Health Treatment Center FAQs
Navigating the intricacies of mental health treatment can be overwhelming, which is why we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you evaluate our treatment center.
What Types of Insurance Plans Does Cornerstone of Southern County Accept for Treatment?
Cornerstone of Southern California accepts a wide range of health insurance plans to make recovery accessible for as many individuals as possible. We have in-network status with numerous insurers, meaning that we have agreed upon rates with these companies to make treatment costs more affordable for you.
Is Family Involvement a Part of the Treatment Process?
For many patients, family support is a critical part of recovery and for transitioning from rehab back to active home-life. Cornerstone of Southern California treatment centers encourage family therapy sessions and provide education to family members about mental health and addiction treatment.
Is Cornerstone of Southern California an Accredited and Recognized Treatment Center?
Yes, Cornerstone of Southern California is nationally accredited by the Joint Commission, licensed and certified by the State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), and recognized by local courts and Orange County Probation.
What is the Philosophy of Treatment at Cornerstone?
Cornerstone of Southern California believes in a family-run, community-focused approach. Treatment plans are personalized and designed to maintain support throughout recovery. They focus on comprehensive healing, addressing the mind, body, and spirit for long-term recovery.
How Does Cornerstone of Southern California Support Long-Term Recovery?
Cornerstone of Southern California facilitates long-term recovery and aftercare through programs that continue support:
- Extended Care Program (ECP): The fact is recovery is more successful when we bridge the gap between treatment and a return to normal life. For many clients, there is a need for an extended care program to complete more treatment to avoid relapse. ECP at Cornerstone simply recognizes the fact that some people need longer term care.
- Sober Living Homes: Licensed recovery homes offeringtransitional housing in a supportive environment with methods for those adjusting to sobriety outside of inpatient care.
- Support Groups: Access to peer support groups and 12-step programs for continuous communal support.
- Alumni Program: Events and gatherings to maintain a community connection and reinforce sobriety.
- Family Counseling Services: Counseling and support to rebuild family relationships and educating family and partners to support long-term recovery.
What is a Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Center?
A Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Center is a facility that is specifically equipped to treat individuals who are dealing with both mental health disorders and substance abuse problems simultaneously. Cornerstone of Southern California recognizes the interconnectivity between these conditions and provides integrated treatment plans that address both the mental health disorder and the addiction. This holistic approach ensures that both conditions are treated concurrently, which is essential for effective recovery and long-term management.
Is a Mental Health Treatment Center and Behavioral Health Treatment Center the Same?
The terms "mental health treatment center" and "behavioral health treatment center" are often used interchangeably, but there can be subtle differences. A mental health treatment center typically focuses on diagnosing and treating mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. On the other hand, a behavioral health treatment center may address a broader spectrum of issues, including mental health disorders as well as behavioral problems that could involve lifestyle choices, stress, or habits that negatively impact physical and mental well-being. Cornerstone of Southern California encompasses both aspects, offering services for a wide range of mental health disorders and behaviors, providing comprehensive care for individuals seeking help for either or both types of conditions.